View Single Post
      02-24-2024, 06:59 AM   #19
rons e92
60-130 Enthusiast
United_States
Rep
Drives: G87 M2

Sorry to see this OP. I know what it can be like. People just don't understand until it happens to them. Glad you're okay and hopefully your insurance company takes care of you.

When I was 21 back in 2012 I was in college and somehow managed to save up $8,500 to buy a 2004 325xi with over 100k miles on it. I was elated to have another BMW after I totaled my 2004 525i 2 years prior.

I had the car for two months when I was out to dinner with some friends one night and it started snowing pretty hard while we were eating. My 3 series had xDrive and 4 relatively new Continental all season run flats.

A local town employee came into the restaurant and told everyone that if they were parked in the street they had to move their cars because the blows were starting to clear the roads. Of course I parked in the street. They wants us to move to an auxiliary parking lot behind the restaurant.

I hopped in my car, drove straight, made one right hand turn, and then I made my next left the car just started spinning. Completely lost all control in the fresh powder doing less than 20 mph, spun two or 3 times while doing downhill, and right up a curb and into a telephone pole. Car was totalled.

No matter how prepared you think you are, something can always happen when you're least expecting it. It's unfortunate that things like this have to happen before we learn how dangerous even a very small amount of snow can be. Again, happy you're okay.

Now about those buckets...
Appreciate 2