02-18-2024, 10:08 PM   #47
chrisk03
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrosenberg33 View Post
...Oh, finally, a big factor for me in the latest purchase was that the M3 was a car I dreamt of for over 25 years. While the RS5 just doesn’t hold a place like that in my heart. TBH I would think the ratio of kids who grow up thinking about their dream car would be 10:1 M3 vs RS5.[...]
Can't argue with this at all and how I've felt for years. Was all ready to celebrate the 50 years of M in 2022 with one, but I just can't stand the looks of the front and the rest of the exterior is just ok to me. I did like the interior of the first 2 years, but absolutely hate all of the touch BS with iDrive 8 in the 23's +...just seems like BMW and I are moving further away from each other design-wise. The S58 is a beast so starting to look more at the X3MC or X4MC, but not sure I want an SUV, so the RS5 SB has hit my radar. For me, the exterior/interior looks of the Audi are much more to my liking, but I'm a BMW fan at heart. ☹️. First world problems...😂