View Single Post
      02-14-2024, 11:45 AM   #8
Boomer 2019
Track Rat
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 M4 Comp

1. I track and daily my G82 RWD and consider it the best single car solution that I have ever owned. I have owned and tracked previous BMW's.

2. I just completed my 43rd track day with the G82 since April 2021, so about 14-15 days a year.

3. The biggest consumables leaving aside gas are Oil: (I recommend 2,500 to 3,000 mile intervals even when tracking only infrequently). Tires: I use MPS 4s and get about 7 track days from the fronts, and about 9-10 track days from the rears. Brake Pads: I use full racing pads (Cobalt) and leave them on all the time. I get about 12-13 track days from the fronts, and about 7-8 track days from the rears. Brake Fluid: I do a complete flush and refill every 3 months and use Castrol SRF (any high temp fluid is fine).

Keep in mind that these are numbers from a more experienced driver and a track prepared car, so a less experienced driver will use less in the way of tires and brake pads (the expensive stuff). But be prepared... it's gonna cost you.

4. The only damage I have suffered on the car has been a cracked windshield, and I honestly can't attribute it to the track. Maybe, maybe not.

5. I love this car both on and off the track. From the factory it has track capabilities for HPDE events at a beginner or intermediate level. For more frequent use and higher speeds you will have to add some modifications (suspension and brake pads). As for engine power (tune), do you really think that as a driver you are going to exceed the capability of this car on a track? Get back to me in about 5 years or so. Just enjoy the damn thing and learn.

Last edited by Boomer 2019; 02-14-2024 at 11:55 AM..
Appreciate 2
Ximian1967.00
CSBM52756.00