02-09-2024, 04:23 PM   #10
M3PGH
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Too Many

Quote:
Originally Posted by samuraifuria View Post
Yes totally waiting closer to arrival is the best .
Just dont want to give my business to a shitty dealer,I would even cxl and look around another dealer if the rate markup is really true.
Either way getting financed by my bank would stop what they did or tried to do..
unfortunately most dealers are making it standard to add 1% to finance rate and are sticking to that and refusing to accept base rate from BMWFS
they are still milking the Covid hype and they know that BMWFS rate is fairly competitive
My son just bought an M2 from a dealer that I have bought a bunch of cars from and it took some work to get them to do 1/2 a point higher as compared to a full point
people here will say , then go outside bank which is possible , the problem with that is usually BMWFS rate is fairly competitive and even with the dealer adding a point to interest rate , it is still more competitive than what most people can get from regular banks irrespective of your credit score
I know there is some exceptions like some credit unions etc , but in general even with the added point , BMWFS rate is still reasonable and dealers know that
for example this month rate from BMWFS was 5.29
agreed to 5.79 which is 1/2 a point mark up
could not find any bank lower than that
Appreciate 1
Sonic RR144.00