View Single Post
      02-07-2024, 07:53 AM   #8
Needsdecaf
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2024 G80 Comp xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVX6M View Post
Thank you to you who have responded! I did make the mistake in my title of G82 when I assumed 80 would be the 2 door coupe and 82 would be the 4 door.. My bad…. And to answer one of the previous comments about what I seek, very valid question.. First and fore most, my child isn’t a little anymore so I don’t think I specifically seek the cargo room and extra SAV space per say but do have this love for the sportiness and what not of the 4 door aspect of the G80 with the balls of the other to some extent…. Will be interesting to see how it feels tomorrow.. wife has a new GV70, we have a C7 Z06 and I’m pondering the above mentioned…
GV 70 isn't the biggest SUV. Isn't it smaller than the X6?

Having said that, with one kid, and not being small and needing a bunch of clobber, you can definitely downsize. I just went the opposite route...went from a 911 to a G80 because my kids are both teens, and we are all tall. My daughter is already 5'6", my wife is 5'10", I'm 6'2" and my son is 6'5". So not only do they no longer fit in the 911 rear seats (believe it or not they used to), but my son doesn't even fit in the front. So I wanted something more useful.

IMO, it's very hard to beat the G80 as a total package. Is it perfect? No. But it's fast as hell, can be very sporting when asked, practical, we all fit, the trunk is good sized, it has very solid tech (maybe not class leading but close) and it's just fun. Way more fun than an SUV. And not that much less comfortable or practical 90% of the time.

Given you still have an SUV in the garage, I'd do it without any hesitation.
Appreciate 1
JVX6M166.00