Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 M2

Garage List
2023 M2  [8.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenGT View Post
What Bmw needs to be working on is compliance, handling, feedback through the steering wheel. Better braking system, lightweight wheels, and overall better design aesthetics instead of trying to wow people with horsepower.

I almost feel like they made this generation purposely onerous, so you fall in love immediately with the new class
Curious, have you driven a G series car? Have you tracked a G series car? I can assure you that you are completely wrong on the the objective items here.
1. Compliance, if you're talking about suspension compliance, you are 10000% off base here. The G series cars are light years beyond what you get in previous M cars in terms of performance & compliance on the suspension side. They are comfortable enough to drive all day and absolutely kill it on a race track. I've had a G82 with two wheels on the rumble strips at 120+ going into corners. Simply put, outside of a Porsche GT car, Z06 Vette, and a Viper, there's very few cars that can have that compliance on track, yet you can cross country a G8X without a hiccup.
2. Handling is top notch. Again, either street or track, the G8X cars deliver more than any other BMW I've ever driven. Car stays flat and inspires confidence when you're pushing it. Again, this is a street car first that you can track and not a track car that you can drive on the street, AKA any Viper.
3. Feedback through the wheel is great, sure in some modes it is artificial but it's not like you don't know what the wheels are doing. I've driven cars that lack any sort of feedback and its disconcerting, there's plenty of feedback in these cars.
4. Better braking system? I thought the braking on these cars would be crap with the rear being a floating single piston caliper, boy was I dead wrong. If you ever take one on the track, you'll know that if you stand on the brakes, these cars stop, like right now. Can't get better braking, hell you can even get ceramic brakes for fade free fun, if you have the budget for it.
5. Light weight wheels? I don't really know of any car that offers super light weight wheels. The 1000M forged wheels are fairly light weight for their size. Hell, I went with Apex VS-5RS and it was only $3K out the door. Super cheap.
6. The overall design is subjective.

If you get the chance, drive one on the street and on the track, it will blow you away.
Jobe10184.00
Hit_Apex2432.00
manuelf353.50
golf4kal129.50
ottm354.00
CSBM52756.00