Jimjamz
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: G81 M3 Touring (Frozen Black)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burrcold View Post
Funny, I was going to trade the RS5 for a Macan GTS in hopes that it would help my chances in getting the 911. The dealer said it might, but didn't elaborate any more so I haven't pulled the trigger just yet.

How do you find the Macan GTS? Same engine as the RS5 only detuned. I liked it, but still found the RS5 faster and couldn't get over the high ride height (relative to the RS5) - similar in comparison to when I drove the M3 Competition xDrive and X3M Comp. I would happily concede though if it meant a 911 allocation lol.
I love the Macan GTS. In fact, we both agree it’s the best sounding car we’ve had. After about two months of driving it around I’d stopped driving my M2 CS and I was all in on Porsche. At that point I’d have sold a kidney to get a 911 given I was having so much fun in the macan GTS.

Four things to note re the Macan:
1. It’s the 2nd revision with the last version’s Turbo engine. Goes and sounds epic.
2. It comes with the adjustable ride height and when you lower it it was barely taller than our M2 CS.
3. The PDK was even better than the M2 CS’s DCT which itself was significantly improved on the F80 DCT.
4. Interior layout is beautiful. Great materials and clearly no shortcuts in design. Loved the metal switch gear and toggles. I love alcantara and the supplied Racetek wheel is thin and sublime.

Re dealer alignment. We defintely got to know our dealer well during the ordering and wait for the Macan GTS. He was great with us and I think appreciated we weren’t throwing our bank balances around like some self-entitled P car customers we could see around the dealership. He observed when he got us a rare 911 T allocation it would also be without the ADM that some others were paying and that he appreciated us being just nice customers to work with. I noted he liked certain aspects of the ordering process and made sure we spent extra time on them. My wife definitely is the PR department of our relationship so I think that also helped. I suspect he knows we may also become regular customers in the years to come as I’ve been loyal to our BMW dealer for about 20 years.
Appreciate 1
Burrcold5547.00