View Single Post
      12-21-2023, 10:44 PM   #77
BSMG82M4
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW G82 M4 Competition

Garage List
Wow, there are a lot of people hating on this piggy back. Although I have many upgrades already installed and a ton of performance upgrades such as pure turbos and my transmission rebuild ready to go, i too am going to go with the Carbahn piggy back for the following reasons:

1. I already had an issue with my transmission leaking and want to keep as much of the warranty as possible.

2. Thompson BMW has a performance shop and will not give anyone a hard time with warranty issues as long as you follow their instructions.

3. If you haven’t tuned a car yet, unless you are an expert driver, it’s better to ease into all of the power of the g8x’s.

4. Having to do the FEMTO unlock will have you ready for a better tune software and map the second you hit your warranty time or miles

5. Unless you plan on tracking the car exclusively, or race for big dollars, this tune will allow you to use your car as a daily driver safely

6. I see a lot of 700HP+ tunes without all of the necessary OEM upgrades that will definitely lead to a catastrophic failure. This tune allows for the car to function within the OEM specs or Carbahn wouldn’t offer the warranty, while giving you a low 10s 1/4 and mid 2s on your 0-60 times.

7. I see aggressive tunes with street tires all of the time get smoked because they can’t keep the car on the road, more power doesn’t always equate to more wins.

That’s my take on this post. Thanks for the video and draggy times. Hopefully I see you at the next meet in Philly or Jersey.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
IDKBRO686.00