12-20-2023, 04:05 PM   #34
SaMaster14
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '23 G80 M3C xDrive; '13 e92 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Straykiwi View Post
My 2c. I was fortunate enough to drive a B9.5 RS4 and G80 M3 xDrive Competition back to back. As far as the Audi is concerned, they mask it's sporty nature so well that when you are driving in Comfort mode you could be almost be fooled into thinking you are in a normal A4, but the dozen or so badges that say RS constantly remind you that you're not. The ride may almost be described as luxurious, and when you take into account the RS4 rides on 20" wheels it's most impressive.
BMW M engineers went down a different design philosophy. They want you to know you are in a M car whether you are driving at 10mph or 100mph and it shows.
I won't go into detail about my thoughts about each car, but suffice it to say that when my wife and I drove home after giving the M3's keys back, the question was not which car was better, it was, can we afford the extra money required to buy a M3?
This makes good sense, after having driven my friend's car (even if only for 10-15 minutes or so) and jumping right back in my M3 xDrive (and also watching (and hearing) the M from behind!)
2023 G80 M3 Competition xDrive Isle of Man Green on Kyalami Orange full leather - 826M black wheels - Carbon Fiber Trim - Carbon Bucket Seats - Executive/Driving Assist/Parking Packages - Laserlight - M Shadowline Lights - M Drive Pro - CS Trans/Diff/Steering Coding
2013 E92 M3 Mineral White on Bamboo Beige noviello leather (Base w/ Nav, Comfort Access, Lighting Pack) - DINAN Stage 1 and Free Flow Axle-Back Exhaust
Appreciate 0