12-18-2023, 10:46 AM   #8
SaMaster14
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '23 G80 M3C xDrive; '13 e92 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burrcold View Post
Subjectively speaking (jumping into the lion's den here), I think the RS5 looks better (Sportback in particular), steering is more natural feeling (not overly weighted like most modern BMW's...both are devoid of much feeling), interior is nicer for my taste, granted my time was with idrive 7, I wanted and got ceramic brakes and the ones on the G80 were way too squealy for me, suspension is less harsh, and one of the biggest factors is that it's more comfortable as a daily driver.

I'm not expecting anyone to agree with anything I just said, I wouldn't if I owned a G80 and was active on a BMW forum lol. Again, I love the G chassis cars, but the G80 was not my cup of tea for what I wanted. The M340i I owned was great, and the RS5 just built on everything I liked about the G20.
I think a lot of this makes perfect sense. It’s a wonderful car and they’ve refined this platform up to now quite well before they send it off.

As you said, different strokes! I actually thought the steering was looser and more numb in the RS, but I’m probably used to the heavier steering in the M (since my e92 335is days…). Neither compare to the steering in my e92, or the throttle response, transmission, and engine/exhaust sound in that car! The e92 is worlds slower by today’s standards (although it is still definitely a fast car, especially in the revs), but the e92 has more “character” than any of the newer “faster, better, heavier” German performance variants.
2023 G80 M3 Competition xDrive Isle of Man Green on Kyalami Orange full leather - 826M black wheels - Carbon Fiber Trim - Carbon Bucket Seats - Executive/Driving Assist/Parking Packages - Laserlight - M Shadowline Lights - M Drive Pro - CS Trans/Diff/Steering Coding
2013 E92 M3 Mineral White on Bamboo Beige noviello leather (Base w/ Nav, Comfort Access, Lighting Pack) - DINAN Stage 1 and Free Flow Axle-Back Exhaust
Appreciate 1
Burrcold5538.00