View Single Post
      12-15-2023, 07:49 AM   #71
godunovs65
Private
Rep
Drives: Infiniti, G37S 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by geko29 View Post
It's not clear if you're talking about the 911 or the G8X in the bolded sentence. If the latter, note that the roof panel is not part of the car's structure. it is tacked (for the metal) or glued on (for the CF) at the edges, and is not a stressed component. All of the torsional loads are carried by the 3 crossmembers under the roof panel.

Not true. My 6MT is well-equipped, but doesn't have buckets, CCBs, M Driver's Package, or any port-installed options (M carbon bits, MPHAS, Exhaust etc). It stickered for $94.4k, and TTL brought that to 6 figures easily. Total OTD with ceramic coating and tire/wheel protection was $106k.
The roof's explanation makes sense. Also, I've no idea how 911 is built. To that matter, no idea how they built the CF roof on the M3/4. I only see what the official documentation says. I admit, it may not tell you the whole truth.

I don't see how you can get to $94.4 by configuring an M3 and adding options online. Did you get an Individual paint or options not listed in the online configurator to get the sticker to $94.4?
Appreciate 0