12-14-2023, 12:33 PM   #26
Berzerker
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2024 M4 Convertible

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxyion View Post
Ah i thought your lease was ending sooner. May will be harder to get discounts as thats prime selling time for convertibles.

1) As someone else said, it's about supply and demand. Sometimes you wont get as big of a discount on a cheaper car, because that car sells more. More people buy non M models than people buy M models. That being said, you wont be able to hit those kinds of discounts with a new order/allocation. You'll need to purchase something on the lot and preferably something thats been sitting there for a long time. The M4 Convertibles at my local dealership have been there for almost 3-4 months hence the massive push to get me to buy one.

2) No. As soon as you place an order for one, the negotiating power is with the dealership. By placing an order they know you want the car. With a car on the lot, they dont know if you actually want the car, and generally it also means as a buyer you are sacrificing something (color, options etc.) so they are more incentivized to get you a good deal. Also the longer a car stays on the lot, the more money a dealership loses. A sitting generally means, thats one less allocation that dealership will get in the future which means less money. At a certain point it's more financially smart for them to move it, make significantly less, and then get the allocation for someone to order one in and then sell at MSRP or higher.

3) I have a 2024 M4 so i have the big curved screen. I personally am split on it. I much prefer the layout of last years model, however i MUCH prefer the software and how it looks for the current years model. I think it looks way more modern, the graphics are a big upgrade and it's very responsive. Personally i think it's worth it to try and get a 2024.

4) If same driving, reliability should be about the same. I'm unsure how much economy is important to you, but the B58 is A LOT better on gas mileage. I had a Supra (which uses the B58) and was averaging about 29 mpg in normal mode. My M4 i think i'm averaging about 21 MPG driving it mostly in efficient mode. Obv in Sport + both dropped to closer to 13 MPG.

5) i believe the answer is yes
As far as point 2 goes, I wouldn't go so far as to say flat out "no." Any allocation sold is still a point of sale for the dealer. They're also about hitting numbers as well as getting cars off their lot. They absolutely would love to sell any allocations they have since those don't count as cars sold until someone actually signs a contact. I've gotten money off of multiple allocation orders in the past. It's very doable.

So, like I said, while they would *rather* get a car off the lot, they absolutely will give you money off of an allocation since it still helps them immensely. The alternative for them is they have an open allocation *and* they have a car sitting on the lot, so the alternative is absolutely preferred.

Plenty of examples on here of people getting a considerable amount of money off an allocation order.
Appreciate 1
xxyion763.50