12-02-2023, 11:02 PM   #1377
Chapter2099
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 M3 CompX

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3PC View Post
Hi all, new to bimmerpost and just joined as I have an M3 base skyscraper grey coming in soon and love this message thread. Question: I'm planning to do do just a clear PPF but only on the front half (hood, bumper, headlights, front fenders, side mirrors). Has anyone else done this and is there noticeable color difference between the PPF vs non-PPF body panels? Can anyone post pictures to show the difference between the front fender and front door where this difference may be the most prominent. Also, is one brand of PPF better at minimizing the difference? Thanks in advance for your help.
Congrats on the soon-to-be new addition!

It sounds like you’re inquiring about a “track pack” option for PPF application and no, you shouldn’t see a color difference in the panels that aren’t PPFd.

I own an Alpine White G80, but it’s full PPF so I don’t have the pictures you’re looking for. The “track pack” is a more common option so I know plenty will be able to show off their photos.

In regards to brands and which to go with, I did research at the time and prefered XPEL, but ultimately it boiled down to the installer. If the installer would have used SunTek or another brand, I would have went with those brands. In my opinion, I wouldn’t let the brand of PPF sway you as much as I would the quality of work that the installer is capable of. The big brands that come to mind are: XPEL, SunTek, Stek, 3M and Llumar.

All have their own reputation. Some swear by them. Others don’t. Find a quality installer in your area and I think you’ll be happy with any brand as long as it’s installed correctly.
Appreciate 1
M3PC32.00