10-27-2023, 11:19 AM   #203
dimab0
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 (G82)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimab0 View Post
No, not yet.

I've learned that some G82 (maybe the first model year?) at least have no grommet where other cars do - instead it is sealed shut. Some people have simply drilled through this part of the trunk anyways to allow for wires to pass, then fit their own grommet.

Alternatively, there is a way to route wires farther on the trunk sides, though need to uncap the SST connectors to fit wires through the holes.

Finally, SST does say it's an option to mount the controller entirely on the underbody, but this seems much less secure to me and I want to avoid any chance of rattle and vibrations. I won't go this route.

I plan to try one of the above two options this weekend when I have some more time. Meanwhile, I have been driving with PSI midpipe and stock valve controls - I think this sounds worse and quieter than having valves open when in sport modes. So will def look to get SST installed.
I did finally get it installed. I chose not to leave the controller inside the black box in the underbody of the car. To me, that seemed like it may be prone to rattle which seemed to cause the issues I had with my old VSC2.

I drilled through the solid plugged holes in the trunk that conveniently others already have a grommet for. I did not yet install a grommet but may in the future. Need to remove the car battery in order to fit a regular size drill in this space.

The sound difference is night and day, combined with a midpipe. I think the controller is a must for everyone, but I do wish I had the grommets in the first place....
Appreciate 0