View Single Post
      10-06-2023, 08:41 AM   #85
DFW_M
Major General
Rep
Drives: Macan GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearwater4me View Post
I worked with GM on several vehicle platforms to develop the telematics system back in '06-'11.
Naturally, I was drawn into GM products for their performance.
I've owned a couple of GM products and extensively drove probably all offerings(except for commercial trucks).

Let me just say there are several attractive offering from GM, but there's a reason why it's cheaper than the German rivals/counterparts.
After many ownerships of several different brands and models, I've come to like the German products more than the domestic ones.
But that's just me. Hope the OP enjoy the 5BW! It's a beast!
On the outside:
American cars designs do not last more than a generation. They become outdated fast (with the exception of a few, but not sedans). Previous generation of that Caddy looks...blah while for example e46 still looks more modern than that last gen Caddy...
Similar applies for some over-designed Japanese that quickly look like crap as the time passes by.

On the inside:
I never clicked with the American inside design and materials quality. It just feels less intuitive, things are not designed with Driver in mind...

Drivetrain:
Although, they were plagued by the quality in the past, I think that is going in and out, with every new generation. The current generation may have more positive quality feedback, however, I am not convinced that will remain after a few years...

As the whole package -- I don't think you can compare the two (GM vs BMW) especially if longer term ownership. Owning the BW for 2-3 years, just to experience it, would be (not even remotely thinking that way) the only way for me...
Appreciate 0