09-24-2023, 12:21 PM   #28
kgelfen360
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinnrox250 View Post
Thanks man!! Looks great! I saw the install and it looks super easy. My understanding is turner lip doesn’t need new holes, but I think has some new hardware (longer screws) so I wonder how that would work. I need the peace of mind this cover provides. Lol
Ok I see. So if the lip is installed to those front holes in the bumper then yes u might need longer screws.

The plate comes with 7 machined threaded screws. This is because once u take off original plastic some of the OEM c clips are gone too now. So instead they give threaded screws and the plate has thread in those front holes that’s how it’s secured between front bumper. Basically plate goes above the front bumper plastic and u use threaded screw to secure bumper to the plate that has threaded hole. So if u have the lip there as well u might need longer screw.
It would be easy to take care of. You would just take screw they give to either Home Depot or some “screw store” and get exact same thread but longer screw. Probably double the length.

U want to take picture of how lip is mounted under ur car?
Appreciate 1
Vinnrox2503078.50