View Single Post
      09-18-2023, 06:23 PM   #76
vbb
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2022 M4 manual

Quote:
Originally Posted by hinckley View Post
For me, the M4 is 85% of the 911 at half the price.
Yep. Same conclusion I reached, which is why I also have a G82.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwdrive View Post
There is one more factor to consider with prices going up and up and up. Even if I go crazy and spend $150K or $200K on a car, I am going to be constantly worried about it. That's not much fun. If that kind of money is no big deal, then sure go for it.
Very true. If I were to buy that GT3 manual that I was drooling over, I'd be absolutely paranoid about owning it. Knowing myself, I'd be terrified that it'd get damaged, wouldn't want to rack up mileage on it, and wouldn't even think of touching it with any mods. All those things would actually diminish the ownership experience. I'd be looking at it like an investment I can hard park at the local Cars & Coffees rather than a fun car to drive, because even though I could technically get a GT3, I can't really afford it. With my M4 I can drive and enjoy it, knowing full well it's just going to depreciate, and not worry about it. That actually makes it fun to own, even if not fiscally the best move.
bmwdrive464.00