09-13-2023, 03:18 PM   #133
flybigjet
Remove Before Flight
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2C & Boeing's light twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by unluky View Post
LOL - I used to date a PA and she was asked for Handi stickers MULTIPLE times a week by youngish people who were just super overweight. Both her parents were seriously handicapped, so she had an axe to grind. She would set them up and read the rules to them and one was "can you walk 30 feet unassisted?" and they would always answer no and she would then look up and say "well it is exactly 53 feet from the waiting room to this room - who helped you get here?"

Denied.

Obviously there were many that DID need them and she was happy to help, but the lazy didn't get far with her. Same with the drug seekers that memorized all the things they need to say to get pain meds after hours. LOL
My dad's had both of his knees replaced. He asked his surgeon (mostly out of curiosity) if he should park in the handicapped slot since they were usually close to the door since he'd just had surgery. The doc's answer was "Hell no-- I WANT you to walk as far as possible! Park as far away in the lot as you can".

It must have made an impression because my dad worked his tail off in "Knee Rehab School" and was a "distinguished grad". He's in his early 80's now and still walks several miles every day.

His buddy had the same knee surgery but blew off the rehab. He's now using a cane, thinking about a walker and definitely parks in the handicapped spots now!

R.

Last edited by flybigjet; 09-13-2023 at 04:36 PM..
Appreciate 9
BMWGUYinCO4141.50
Lady Jane72187.50
Buug95918195.00
GERMAN M34182.00
dradernh4485.00
vreihen1615619.00
Llarry16812.00