View Single Post
      07-17-2023, 11:13 AM   #107
RACE M3
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 02 S2k, 04 Rx8, 22 M3P, 23 m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkim88 View Post
Recently had this exhaust (axle back + x-pipe) installed. Very deep and refined tone, x-pipe definitely opens up a lot of the extra sounds (burbles, pops) which I'm a fan of.

However, I've noticed a droning at around 2k RPMs. It's a really loud cabin reverberating sound. This is especially noticeable on the highway cruising around 75-80 mph. Anyone else notice this? Makes long trips almost unbearable. For daily, short trips, it's not that bad though so I'll live with it since it sounds amazing in all other RPM ranges.

For what it's worth, I've tried the Dahler valve controller (which I still have installed) and turned off ASD. Drone is still present. I submitted a ticket to Dinan but they basically told me no one's complained about it and it seems like they're not willing to assist any further.

Drone is expected with the valves fully open, but the oem controller manipulates them in sport+ so theres minimal or no drone. I would expect there to be some with in after market in sport+.

Do you hear it in comfort mode as well? I'd expect dinan to match oem zero drone. Thats the review ive been waiting for. Make sure there arent any exhaust leaks; sounds like drone.
Appreciate 0