View Single Post
      07-05-2023, 11:36 AM   #64
Needsdecaf
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2024 G80 Comp xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLF69 View Post
Those GTS rising prices are heartbreaking for sure, I expect to have an allocation for one next spring and will probably bail, it's just too much money for a track day/weekend hobby car but after having owned 2 G8X and tracking them I will be switching platform, the new BMW are great 7-8/10th cars but after that they lack steering feel and can't cope with continuous laps without extentive modifications. At least with Porsche even a 718 GTS will take a full day of pounding no problem and has the OEM adjustability to give the minimum camber for the usage.

May take a jump to GM(Cadillac)Alpha platform or even a C8 just for fun before ending in a GT4 permanently for track duty.
When I was at the Ring last month (still pinching myself) I was waiting to take my rental car out when the track was closed. Was talking to my instructor who has raced there extensively and another patron of the rental service. The other patron wanted to know, since I was American, "what was the deal with the Corvette?" (as if me being American automatically makes me a Corvette fan, lolz). I told him I didn't know but had heard on track they had cooling issues.

I told him that for my money, I'd get a 6 cylinder Cayman and just go from there. Tons of track support, very good platform, and they "just work". The guy kept trying to talk himself into the Corvette because "everyone here has a BMW or a Porsche". The instructor was listening for a while and was like "look, buddy, why do you think that is? Because they WORK. Forget the Fucking Corvette, listen to our American friend". LOL.

My advice still stands.
Appreciate 2
PLF693771.50
hinckley3492.50