View Single Post
      07-02-2023, 02:16 PM   #52
Needsdecaf
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2024 G80 Comp xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ankarah View Post
This was my thought exactly as I was optioning out my car.

It is so easy to get carried away with options and break into that six-figures territory, but doing so opens up so many other good alternatives that it made little sense to me.

For example, even within the same brand, the base 23' M5 could be had for just a few grand more if you were already over the 100k mark.

The sweet spot for the G8X, IMO, is at around 90k-ish.

It’s easy to make this argument. But you’re never comparing apples to apples. I’m very familiar with this having been in the new Porsche world for a decade. People can never understand why you would option a base 911 up into the price where you “could have gotten an S” and so on for every model, every trim. Truth is that highly optioned base has a ton of toys the S won’t. Leather, multi-way seats, upgraded stereo, sport Chrono, you name it. So it not really the same.

Like BK says “ have it your way (you rule!) “.

There is no need to add driver assistance, parking pack, and full leather to a G80 CX. It adds zero to the performance. But…I want it. And I’m going to be driving this car a while. So….I get those things.

Likewise, a $95k M3 sounds insane…but what other 4 door goes 0-60 in 3 seconds flat for the price? Certainly not an M550, or a Panamera 4.
Appreciate 1
bwoodahl236.50