View Single Post
      06-30-2023, 08:15 AM   #103
Needsdecaf
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2024 G80 Comp xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkeyeG80 View Post
Is there any option like the Rennline that allows continued use of the MagSafe capabilities of the phone? I don't want to have to take me case off every night to charge my phone and according to their site with the steel plate on the back of the iPhone MagSafe capabilities are "interfered with". But I like how it's installed and also the look and function of the Rennline
I have Rennline mounts in my 911 and my Cayenne. For those, I simply swapped out the ball-mounted magnetic pad for this MagSafe one. Ball mount is the same size, fits without any modifications and stays put nicely. I've been running these well over a year in both cars with no issues. Phone stays put even in spirited driving, decent charging speed. Phone only gets hot on very long drives but very simple to unplug.

https://www.amazon.com/Magnetic-Wire..._dp&th=1&psc=1

It's a little on the wasteful side since you're not using the Rennline magnet, and you're not using the LDINO mount, but it's worth it IMO.

That Magback install looks very nice too, but the cooled charging base is definitely bigger. So this is a little more low profile. Will have to see if I even want a mount given I'll be getting wireless charger and will have car play.

Last edited by Needsdecaf; 06-30-2023 at 08:21 AM..
Appreciate 1
pesh128.00