View Single Post
      06-18-2023, 10:30 PM   #9
fanofbmwe46
Major
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmg View Post
The front gap is bigger because the front suspension needs to travel more and have room to compress with the wheels turned, unlike the rears.

OEM heights with uneven gap is actually balanced, in fact BMW M cars are touted for it's near 50/50 weight distribution. Lowering the front more gives the car a forward rake, ruining that engineered advantage. Under hard braking conditions, that means more weight on the front than normal, which can lead to the rear end to be loose. Under accelerating conditions, you can actually lower potential traction with less weight over the rear wheels.

On the street, for "daily stance" as the thread is titled, this is fine. While this is not a "performance stance", if you are braking that hard and accelerating that fast to be competitive on a road coarse or drag strip, then you are not really looking for a "daily" setup. So, technically, it will NOT drive exactly the same, but you will likely not even notice it if you are just street driving.
Well said. I’m never tracking my car, just spirited road driving and weekend car shows so the eibach front set up with spacers all around will be perfect for me.
Appreciate 0