06-15-2023, 06:34 AM   #29
BGM-M3COMP
The Ben Shapiro of this place. I never lose! LOL
Rep
Drives: 12 plaids on order

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by AudiA4 View Post
Thanks. To be clear, even though I was cross shopping them, I fully acknowledged these were two completely different types cars. So I was really just decided what type of daily experience made sense for me. Ultimately, given the fact that our other primary car is a ‘22 X3 M40i, I felt like a contrast in manufacturer and even drivetrain type (BEV) made the most sense, reserving the idea for a more hardcore manual performance car for a future weekend car purchase (I’m finally at a place in life where I have the resources to make that a reality).

I’ve traditionally driven manuals, and I have NO doubt that really any manual performance car would be more engaging. If and when I opt for a weekend car in the next few years, a G80 M3 manual will be in strong consideration (against either a C8 or a 718 Boxster S)!

p.s. I’ve been a member on this site since the early 2000s! We still own (via my son in college, a 2014 manual 335i M-Sport)…and of course the new X3.
When my new z06 arrives by sept, that’s when I’m going to get rid of my model 3 for a plaid.

I thought about the long range but for only 20 grand more I rather have something that solidifies pure street dominance. Nothing will ever touch you on the road.

Brooks from dragtimes went 9.5 in his model s plaid on 50%soc which is insane.

Meanwhile if my model 3 is at 50%. It’ll probably run a 12.5 lol

I still don’t mind manual however I’m not in love with it like I used to. So many amazing fast cars these days and it can only be appreciated with the advanced autos now.
Needsdecaf6936.00