Limegrntaln
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 DG/BLk xDrive M4C Wk 34

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BGM-M3COMP View Post
There won't be. Unless like you said, cars costing double, triple or more than the plaid. Sure the sapphire is quicker, but not by much, and it costs what? 250-260? Are they even on the road at all these days? lol

When we all shift into EV, then we'll see low 9 second EV's, or even 8s, from all of the exotic car makers like ferrari, lambo, mclaren etc. But i think they're not going to put them out until we get closer to 2035.

Right now the plaid IS the car to get if you want complete street dominance. Then with a push of a button, you can make it a "slow" 12 second car. Or similar performance to a model 3/Y LR.

Brooks from dragtimes tested the different modes out. I think on the slowest setting it ran like 14's lol. Then plaid mode and voila, 9 second passes.

It's awesome!
True. But the Sapphire is pretty good looking. Too bad it’s more than the cost of 2 Plaids, which I don’t see the take rate being very high, at that cost.

It doesn’t trap much quicker than the plaid. I’ve seen The Tesla Plaid Channel, run a 9.1 in his, with the seats out. The 156 trap would get you kicked out of any sanctioned 1/4 mile track, since the top speed is 150. Over 150 and you need a parachute and a roll cage.

The charging network, outside of Supercharging, is subpar at best. I watched a few road tripping videos by Out of Spec motoring, road tripping in the Lucid Air and the Electrify America charging network, I would say, has about a 60%-70% uptime rate as compared to Teslas 99.95%.

Everywhere the guy went to charge, driving from Colorado to North Carolina, there were multiple charging stations 🚉 that were either down, completely off, or were only working at half capacity.

Having over 50k miles on his own Model 3, and he’s never been to a Supercharger that was down, and only twice since he’s had the car, has he even gotten to a Supercharger and had to wait in line for a charger to open up. And both times, he claims, the wait was no more than 5 minutes before someone was done charging and he could get in.

Half of Teslas worth, is their Supercharging network. This is the new 250kw supercharger about 5 minutes from my house, and this is the first time I’ve ever seen it this busy. It’s been open for about a month, and in fact, it’s not even listed on the supercharging map, yet and I drive by it a few times a week, and this was the first time I’d seen more than 1-2 people at it.

If I was charging, here, I still would have been ok, because there were 2 chargers open, even at how busy this day was.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
M4Tejas846.00