View Single Post
      05-21-2023, 07:45 PM   #43
ASAP
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkyB656 View Post
Yeah I get it, I'm just saying may as well have both at your disposal... Porsche is not a good comparison as their CS4 is AWD can't be switched to RWD at the press of a button like the G8X. The GT(X)rs well the engine and gearbox is on top of the rear wheels so it has a huge weight over the rear wheels.... that helps heaps with traction.
You are 100% right...but that would be assuming the M3 RWD Comp struggles for traction... yet I haven't heard anyone say that yet in this entire thread... except one gentleman who was pushing it hard on a partially wet track lol.

So in what situation does the G80 necessitate the AWD? If you're trying to launch sure... but again the RWD model still does 0-60 in 3.8 seconds so it also launches well and I've heard 0 complaints about traction. There was one guy who for some reason claimed he was worried about getting smoked by Golfs and diesel cars in his RWD M3 and the rest just said...hell might as well just get it because well its better bar non without giving a true reason.

The F80 (especially pre LCI) was an entirely different beast that had massive struggles for traction even with upgraded rear tires... this car doesn't suffer that fate at all. In poor weather and wet conditions, I would absolutely suggest getting the AWD... but I also would not suggest driving a car hard in poor weather but that's just me.