Rep
Drives: G82 M4C X-Drive

Garage List
2022 G82 M4C X-Drive  [9.85]
2018 F80 M3 CS  [9.87]
2019 i3 BEV  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8262S View Post
At my local auto shop picking up my daughter's car.

Saw an interesting 3 series in the parking lot and went over to take a look.

1998 328is, black, manual, 102K miles. Maybe a touch of rust behind one front wheel, but otherwise I couldn't see any. A couple of interesting scrapes and dents that I find completely appealing. The interior is in good condition and all intact.

It has been serviced by this shop since 2002. It is currently there because the owner heard some clunking or rattling from the center of the car.

KBB value is $2-4K.

My son and I want it. Bad. Like, irrationally bad. This would be a perfect project car to tinker with that is likely in stock condition.

Tell me about the 328is. I learned it was the top non-M model of that gen.

3100 pounds, and 190 hp. Wonder how much the rear seats weigh....

I'll bet it is amazingly balanced with wonderful steering.

Talk me out of this, please....
My father-in-law had this car. I loved riding in it with my girlfriend at the time, now my wife. Sadly, I never got the chance to drive it because it was totalled before I felt close enough to her dad to ask to take it for a spin. It was in excellent condition though, and it was the only time in our relationship where my wife enjoyed driving fast like that. She's all about big SUV's now, and she didn't care for my F80's nor my G82. I bet the E36 was just a joy to drive, one of those moments where driving a slow car fast is much more fun than a fast car slow.

Typical brittle BMW plastic components needed to be replaced, including the radiator and water pump. This was almost 20 years ago though, so it wasn't that old at the time.

I bet the list would have grown between now and then. Here is a list of things to look out for in an E36:

https://www.bimmerownersclub.com/for...mmon-problems/

2022 G82///M4 Competition X-Drive - KW-HAS, EBC Bluestuff, Millway Race Camber Plates, Cup2 Connect*, PSI High Flow Midpipe, Lightweight Front Lip, M Perf Flow Through Wing
Previous • 2018 F80 ///M3 CS • 2016 F80 ///M3
IG: Raging_G82
Appreciate 0