View Single Post
      05-08-2023, 05:57 PM   #1
YamaLink
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: rust-free '93 Toyota 2wd

My M4CX vs Porsche GT4 (ownership overlap?)

Long post. You've been warned, ha.

tl;dr
I want a highend handsome smaller than my M4CX stick of dynamite with an engine that doesn't need help from a stereo.

Always looking for a new car to share garage space or take its place if the numbers added up. Absolutely enjoying/almost in love with my 1 year old M4CX. Not perfect, not even close, but it's one of my favorite cars ever. I consider it a GT, not a sports car. A little too big coming from a 2 series considering I have no kids to haul, prefer 2 doors, but not allergic to 4; M2 not option which I find a bit too juvenile in its styling.

The GTS 4.0 almost came home since everyone told me it's a better daily and I can option the interior (prefer brown/tan/lighter), but it doesn't hit the emotional bullseye. I don't daily. Work from home. Average about 10,000 miles per year.

Which leads me to the GT4. Doesn't come in my choice of interior colors, but the sound is amazing, and I like the exterior better than the GTS4.0. And I have seen low miles non-absurd pricing.

Do you think there's too much overlap with the GT4 and M4CX for my needs? I don't drag race, am not into 0-60 numbers, but do miss the EV instant on. Will the GT4 have too much missing down low or feel anemic unless being driven at 9/10th? I think my M4CX is a little laggy down low with an amazing topend with its compression and large turbos, understandably, so I'd like to avoid a motor that's too track-centric.

Sorry for the long-winded post. Should I go OCD on the GT4 and start shopping or should I consider others? Or should I wait for the M5 Touring and be the child-less guy hooning a station wagon?!?!

Thank you for entertaining my narrow niche wannabe-supercar on a budget.

Last edited by YamaLink; 05-19-2023 at 03:28 PM..
Appreciate 1