View Single Post
      05-04-2023, 12:30 PM   #265
vmoney89
Private
Rep
Drives: M3 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMW33 View Post
About to place a G80 order at Alexandria BMW. Salesperson said 6 months wait time right now, and to add a month for an Individual color. Order wouldn't be picked up for at least 2-3 months so no need to decide color, etc. up front. No markup.

Does that sound right to people? Seemed directionally correct to me but curious if other people have heard different. Thanks
I JUST went through the process to find allocation. I contacted EVERY single dealer (seriously, all of them) in the DMV about 3 weeks ago and none of them had allocation at the time. I still have my notes and Alexandria said there would be 3-4 people ahead of me on the waitlist. Again, this was 3 weeks ago so things probably have changed.

But it sounds like you're not even going to get a production number. So that timeframe the salesperson gave you is a complete guess. Ask them if you'll get the production number after you put your deposit down (I'm going to guess no based on what you said).

FYI - I ended up going through a dealership in NJ to get allocation. If Alexandria is not giving you a production number and you're not tied to the dealership, let me know. A couple dealerships in the DMV have contacted me over the past week saying they have the allocation.
Appreciate 0