View Single Post
      03-27-2023, 01:06 PM   #16
skyline408
Major
Rep
Drives: 2023 G80 M3 2022 F95 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris3g View Post
From everything i've seen, frozen + full xpel stealth looks 99% the same as regular paint + full xpel stealth. someone please explain what the benefit is of going frozen if you're going to cover it in stealth ppf anyway?
I've said it before, it's not the same. When you look at a glossy car with matte film, it doesn't really look like frozen paint. Frozen still has a way to reflect objects and light how the light bounces off the surface is different. For example, when I look at the hood while driving, I can clearly make out lights and objects reflecting off the frozen paint.

That said, a matte wrap will get you the 'look' but I think unless you spent time with a frozen car and really look at the paint in detail (which most won't - unless it was your car) it would be hard pressed to appreciate the differences.

Quote:
Originally Posted by static_void View Post
Although I don't really regret the Frozen paint these are excellent points and I have expressed the same sentiments to friends/family before so I hear ya. It's more money, anxiety, maintenance, and the fear of damage is a real concern (for me).
I will say, I'm definitely a little more OCD than most folks and I have yet to see any damage repair look as good as factory paint. With Frozen it's even worse. I do realize most people don't think like myself.

I also love detailing my own cars and I loved the freshly waxed look of glossy paint as well.
Appreciate 3
FISH225416.50
KevinGS3389.00
chris7197393.50