mark_g80_mt
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW G80 6MT

Garage List
2022 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Limegrntaln View Post
Your other more feasible option would be to have someone custom mill you an extended pushrod. Like I’m saying, I don’t know anything about the G80 setup, but, if it’s like every other slave that I know, the pushrod isn’t under pressure, and sealed.

Pulling the rubber boot off, and the pushrod falls out, because all it does, is just push on the face of the slave cylinder hydraulic plunger. If that’s the case, get a slave extension custom milled out of billet. Try a few different lengths.

Like this. https://www.rtmracing.com/xcart/prod...roductid=18900
Hey I can’t reply to your msg for some reason…

Initial communication was with L***, he sent me the clutch disk and pressure plate only.

K**** asked me to send the kit back or to just buy one at at a better price, I went with the new kit because rental alone would have cost me the price of the clutch.

I haven’t reached back to him to let him know that the second kit is flawed🤷🏻‍♂️ I am waiting for rhe shop to send me a detailed email with the findings.

Let’s put it this way, when I’m pull up to the light and let the clutch out, going back into first, there is resistance and the car starts moving forward on flat ground. That’s with the brand new clutch

I hope this answered your question.

I also took the slave apart and I don’t think I can do anything with it… push rod is fixed and if I pop it open I can’t put it back to original. Push rod is fixed to the piston.

I also tried slave extension and it didn’t help I am not sure why, maybe it’s maxing out… I made a little condom looking thing to put over the end of the push rod which killed some of the pedal which I thought was because the extension +rod is maxing out.
Appreciate 1
Limegrntaln13707.00