No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW iX, Porsche GT4 RS

Garage List
2022 M5 CS  [10.00]
2022 BMW iX  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DM5PAV View Post
I agree with you on the rev matching, but there are people out there who still drive cars without that feature and enjoy it, myself included. I’m not the best manual driver by far, but I greatly appreciate the interaction that I have with my car and it definitely brings me joy.

I would have absolutely ordered the m3cx with a manual if it were available and turned the rev matching off. Not sure you need to turn TC off to enjoy a manual car. That seems a bit Luddite to me. There’s never anything wrong with options though.

Options are good.
Yeah I love the interaction from a manual as well, my last two fun cars before the M4 CSL were manual. I was more trying to make the point that, today’s cars and manual transmission have a lot of automation to make the driving experience more digitized.

On the same vein, automatics have been developed to make cars more interactive and bridge that gap.

It’s not as simple as saying “oh it’s not a manual, then no thanks”. There are some sub-par manuals and manual cars, just like there are some not-so good automatics and dual clutches.

A car’s sense of interaction is based on more than gearshift in this age of increased digitization.
Appreciate 4
DM5PAV375.00
nickohlie115.50
FISH225415.00