FISH22
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 Competition

Garage List
2021 BMW M3C  [10.00]
2011 BMW M3  [10.00]
Probably my third report on this update, and I’m trying my best to suppress any over-dramatization. It’s good, really good. To the point where I’m stunned just an OTA could transform the car this much. I’ve put about 100 miles on the car since the new update, and they’re not easy miles.

Quick rundown on the definite things I’ve picked up on;

- No more clunkiness with 1-2 shifts in S3. Smooth and fast, with enough umph to make it feel special.

- Very nice deep pop between shifts, sport+ in either D or S. I do have a single midpipe.

- Start up roar. It’s much more aggressive and sounds killer.

- I’m now finding myself driving more in D3 than S3. Car seems wittier on when to shift and let revs hang.

- Burbles are toned down a bit, but sound much deeper and grown up, if that makes sense.

- ALL shifts, either 1/2 throttle or WOT are noticeably quicker, especially at/near redline.

I did a run from a stand still… D3, MDM, somewhat warm tires, no LC, and I was literally lol’ing as she climbed through the gears.

This update seems very engine/transmission focused, yet none of that language was in the description. Either way, it’s a blast driving. Everything just feels so different and new, more peppy, more DCT-like.

For context, I have put about 17k miles on my G80. It’s one of the first cars in my state, and I’ve put it through the ringer. So, lots of seat time on the old software. A few things I’ve been complaining about have been resolved. My G80 does have an Armaspeed intake and Supersprint mid pipe, no other engine work or tunes.

A light bulb went off in my head when a buddy who just bought a ‘23 M4C told me the car shifts great and feels incredible. Sure enough, he’s already on this software, or maybe even newer.

Anyways, I’m a broken record at this point. Lots of other stuff listed in the update, but no idea what those are… don’t really care.
Appreciate 7