Rep
Drives: G80 M3 Competition

Garage List
2021 BMW M3C  [10.00]
2011 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by balefire View Post
Bump.
Soon to be F91 M8 convertible owner in frozen grey.
Everyone on the F92 board seems to have the coin for full PPF.
I don't like the look or cost of PPF.

Is the Dr. Beasley Matte Coating "Pro" really worth $500 vs their regular Matte Coating at $50?
What's the actual difference?
And you still have to use their AdvancedMatte maintenance every 3 months for either, correct?
Thanks!
Yes it most definitely is worth it! I used the basic matte coating the first month and was pretty happy with it. I kept looking at the pro kit and finally said screw it and ordered it. Complete different results. I’ve had the pro ceramic on my car for 18 months and you can tell the coating is still holding up perfectly. Beads water like no other, especially on a satin finish where water really doesn’t like to bead.

Plus, my car is a daily, sits outside majority of the time, and has seen it’s fair share of grime and bird droppings. Not a single stain or damage to the paint. Over 16k miles on this coating, zero PPF. I never drank the PPF koolaid and completely happy with how my frozen white has held up.

I have only done the advanced coat a couple times over the last 18 months. I probably should have done it more frequently, but the original coating seems just fine.

I talked to Dr Beasley’s about the pro coating quite a bit. Reason for its price, it’s hardness rating of 10h. One of the highest on the market. It’s as good as ceramic coatings get. The best part, it was extremely easy to DIY! I was stressing it at first, but it was a breeze.
Appreciate 0