12-06-2022, 06:55 AM   #225
JTO24
never could compete with Lloyd Braun
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 G80 M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game View Post
Oh you're 100% right. Manufacturers know how crucial it is to put out a product early to get the name and recognition out there...unfortunately that at times can lead to a rushed product.

Gotta say though, the gallery you have posted for the AST springs are sitting quite perfect. Looks like a 1 finger gap. Just right.
+1, when I was shopping for springs, I only had previous experience with Eibach which didn't have their product out yet for the G8x. It was between AST, H&R or MSS HAS kits. I wasn't a fan of paying more for a HAS kit knowing I would never fiddle with the height after I got it dialed in, and even KW didn't have theirs released at the time. MSS's original kit did not go low enough to justify the purchase and the only feedback people on the forums had about H&R were that they did not ride well and were bouncy (mostly stemming from experience with previous gen cars, not G8x). So at the time, the choice was easy for me to go with AST.

Honestly, now that the noise issue seems to be solved, they're perfect for my needs as a daily driver without having to pay thousands for a proper full coil-over solution.
2015 F80 M3 DCT | Tanzanite Blue | Gold Brown (sold)
2013 E92 M3 6MT | Mineral White | Fox Red/Black (sold)
Appreciate 0