View Single Post
      10-30-2022, 08:30 PM   #189
HTTP 410
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 Competition

Garage List
Wanted to share our INCREDIBLE trip last weekend to see Steve Vai in Charleston. We had front row center meet-and-greet tickets and the experience exceeded our expectations in every way.

We started the day with a Q&A session with Steve. This was so cool and he was so personable and seemed genuinely grateful for us to be there. This session couldn't be photographed or recorded. He answered every question asked.

Next, we got to go into the auditorium and listen to the sound check. They played four complete songs and talked a bit about them as they went. We got to take photos with Steve after the sound check was complete. Here's a shot of Johanna meeting Steve.

After photos, he took the time to sign everything that people brought. We had a Vai guitar signed along with pick guards, albums, etc. We didn't feel rushed at all. Again, super personable and just real down-to-Earth.

This is when it starts to get super cool. Our tickets allowed us to go on stage and tour all the gear. First, Johanna got her pic taken with the Hydra. This thing is bananas. 12-string guitar, 7-string guitar, 4-string bass, harp. Crazy! It weighs 28lbs.

We talked to the drum tech and he let J go back and check out the drums. Then Jeremy Colson, the drummer for Vai, comes out and invites J to sit AND PLAY this kit. This photo is her reaction to hitting the effects pad and it playing throughout the auditorium. Priceless!

Here's another photo of them. Jeremy gave her a pair of his sticks to keep. He could not have been more gracious with his time and his interactions with her. It was so genuine.

But it gets even more cool. At the end of one of the song, Jeremy stood up and pointed to Johanna and made a heart with his hands to her. I videoed the entire show and here's a screen grab of him pointing to her. I was so surprised by it that I missed the heart hands. What a sweet gesture.

To wrap up the night, Jeremy came to the front of the stage after their bow to end the show and gave Johanna a set of sticks that he played the show with! Can you believe that?! He handed them to her and grabbed her hands. It was so kind of him.

Here's her immediate reaction to him handing them to her.

And the requisite pose afterward.

All-in-all it was an unforgettable night for everyone, but especially J. She couldn't have deserved it more and I'm so happy that we were able to make it happen for her.

(SOLD) 2018 M2 BSM LCI, DCT, Executive, Drivers Assist, CarPlay
Appreciate 4
'Cane8719.00
chicagofan0019313.50
_E90S65_739.00