Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: TBII G82 6MT

Garage List
2021 BMW M4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DO444 View Post
Absolutely, everyone has their own ways of spending money and values different things.

You could easily say vacations are a waste of money and just have your kids read a book or watch a video on the pyramids, just like you could drive a Toyota Corolla. I imagine many of you would not agree with that, but if a car is just a way to get from point A to point B, then a vacation is just a way to acquire memories.

Personally, I hate vacations. They do nothing for me. I truly hate when my wife tells me it’s time for a vacation. Yuck. I hate hotels. I hate airplanes. I hate everything to do with travel, it’s all bad for me. I try to keep it to myself, smile, laugh, and have fun… but inside I know I’d much rather be home. My home is my favorite place on Earth. I’ve traveled quite a bit and while I enjoyed the places I was at the time, for example I enjoyed living in the Caribbean for a few years… I never think of it. The memory doesn’t bring me joy. I’m always where I am. What happened yesterday does nothing for me, never think about it. The beeches, the water, it might as well have never happened.

but of course there are so many who love travel, and there’s nothing wrong with any of that. I like living in different places but I despise vacations.

On the flip side, I love cars. Love looking at them, touching them, riding in them, hearing them (not smelling them so much lol, don’t like “new car smell” - do you know they bottle that smell and spray it at lesser dealerships? The bottle literally says “new car smell. Grossss.)

Just trying to say that everything is a waste of money to someone, and not to others.
I agree with you as well in terms of to each their own. There is no right or wrong way to spend it... unless you're actively using to demean other people haha

But yes, everyone has what makes them happy! In terms of travel, I rarely enjoy the flight there, especially with how small seats are. Even business class now feels like a normal seat. First class is of course the best if you have the money to swing it. Hotels are hit or miss. I'm thankful they're clean, but I hate how "hospital sterile" they feel sometimes.

I think your analogy with pictures and internet works well with the corolla. They both lack the same thing that makes it valuable to some: experience. Looking at pictures on the internet to learn about a place lacks the experience of being there and partaking in the culture. Just like how people that only see cars as a means of going from point A to B lack the desire of experiencing a thrill or driver's engagement. Nothing wrong with people not wanting that experience, that's just how people are.

ALSO, staycations are severely underrated. Sometimes, staying at home for a week and doing whatever you want is a blessing.
Appreciate 1
wtwo318098.00