View Single Post
      10-03-2022, 03:33 PM   #19
RPM33
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by iampgc View Post
Went from a Tanzanite Blue G82 M4 Comp Xdrive to a Neptune Blue Taycan 4S.

Both are amazing cars and roughly cost the same amount of money each month. Great driver's cars both of them.

Taycan costs $400 more a month on my auto loan. Costs $300 less each month in terms of gas vs electricity. Porsche Taycan is surprisingly $60 cheaper each month for insurance.

The Taycan 4S feels more nimble than the G82. Definitely quieter for sure. Cabin is more comfortable in the Taycan and while it is a heavier and longer car, the Taycan feels smaller. I think this is primarily due to the rear wheel steering.

Miss the sound of the engine but I've gotten used to it. The steering feel of Porsche is loads better than the G82. Waking up to a full charge and not having to gas up is game changing.

Now, the M4 has much better tech in my experience so far. idrive is much better than the PCM. Also the merino leather that comes standard in the BMW feels much better than the standard interior of the Porsche.

Still awaiting verdict on what will depreciate more. Both look fantastic and you will not go wrong with either car in my opinion.
Congrats on the Taycan. How long does it take to get a full charge?
Appreciate 0