09-28-2022, 12:24 AM   #17
iampgc
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: G82 M4 Coupe AWD (TBII / FB)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tooshay View Post
I have the m3p and a g80. The m3p is excellent for the commute to work and all, but all I do during the work week is wait for my days off so I can drive my g80. The m3p just doesn't really have a soul to me. If you're a car person, EVs are just sold as is and can't be modified besides cosmetics, suspensions, and brakes. You can't make it faster and it's heavy. Good luck on road trips is all I can say as the drive will most likely double in time.

The taycan does look good. Congrats
I considered that where I have 1 car to do daily driving and 1 car for performance. With 1 car, I get the daily drivability and convenience of an EV with Porsche driving dynamics. I am happy every day. I do not think I compromised the fun and driving experience going from the G82 to a Taycan 4s.

In terms of road trips, I do think that will take more time. But I probably will only do road trips 3x a year. My wife also has an ICE SUV that we can use.

From my calculation, I divert my route about 8 mins to gas up at Costco 2x a week plus spend 5-10 mins lining up and filling the tank. That is ~30 mins a week, so 26 hours a year I am saving of my own time just plugging in at home which takes me 10 sec to do.
Appreciate 0