09-26-2022, 01:44 AM   #104
RDG80M3X
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '23 G80X

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3F View Post
Found this schedule on the ship’s operator’s site, which confirms that AE will NOT be taking our cars to the U.S. Best case is now that they get off at Zeebrugge and get on ships to our respective U.S. ports ASAP.

What the hell was the point of all of this? Maybe the lots at Bremerhaven and Zeebrugge were full and putting them on this ship bought them time for more ships to come in and take cars away? This legitimately makes zero sense to me.
Agreed. Definitely safe to say that Auto Energy will not be heading to the US which was my theory all along. So either we are still on Auto Energy which will continue its cruise around Europe, eventually make its way back to Zeebrugge/Bremerhaven and drop us off in which we'll have to wait at port again or we can go back to the theory that we were all unloaded and discharged at Barcelona? But if so, which carrier/ship will pick us up and take us stateside?

For us West Coasters, there were 4-5 more NYK West Coast bound ships that were arriving within days and weeks from the time that we were loaded onto Auto Energy IE: Dorado Leader, Hestia Leader, Grand Cosmo, Grand Vega and Guardian Leader. Why couldn't they wait a few days more to load us on any of those ships? What's even more frustrating is that I was tracking Dorado Leader while it was moored at Bremerhaven hoping that I would be loaded on, I remember seeing Auto Energy literally right next to it at the docks at the same time. Why couldn't they load us on then?
Appreciate 0