Rep
Drives: M3, X7, iX

Garage List
24 BMW iXM60  [10.00]
24 BMW M3  [9.77]
24 BMW X7  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Znomorph4theWin View Post
I had ‘18 RS5 that I traded in for my soon to be delivered M3CX.

I had the RS5 for 4 years so I’m more than qualified to offer opinions on it.

1. The car was plain gorgeous. Loved looking at it after a nice drive.
2. The interior was ok. Nothing super special in terms of materials. BMW m3 has a much nicer special feeling. Better materials and build quality in the M3
3. The RS5 interior has to many squeaks and rattles. Dealers tried to fix them but never really did. Became worse over time and just learned to live with it.
4. Engine was nice and had a pretty good sound to it. But it is much slower than the M3. Also, the m3 inline 6 is way smoother/responsive than the v6 in the Audi.
5. Suspension was just ok. It has a weird hobby horse feeling when going over bumps. The rebound damping seemed off.
6. The ambient lighting was very nice. Lots more colour options and than the m3. You can also separate the upper dash colours from the footwells ones.
7. The chassis of the rs5 had too much twist/flex. Car creaked like a old wooden fence…
8. I had the ceramic front brakes. Tons of stopping power but very difficult to modulate. They were very grabby at slow speeds. Little/no brake dust was nice. However, I was always worried about the cost of replacing the rotors should they get chipped. Chose the steel brakes for the m3
This reverberates with my Audi experience as well. But he's cross shopping an RS3 not an RS5. The RS5 also has terrible residual value relative to an M3CX.
Appreciate 0