View Single Post
      09-09-2022, 09:34 PM   #35
Tag
this is the way
Rep
Drives: N-1 starfighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KANdaddy View Post
Not too crazy? I mean I guess it’s better than having to replace a transfer case or something but it still sounds major to me. I hate the idea of some stateside tech that has barely worked on our cars doing this.
This thread is giving me flashbacks to an issue I had with my previous E92 335is. There are many similarities to what you're describing. I even had a PuMA case opened on that car. It had similar symptoms with vibrations and shuddering when the car was fully warmed up. Sometimes it would be very prominent, but other times not so much. They checked for bad pulleys, replaced engine belts, replaced engine mounts, etc. to no avail. In the end it turned out to be an oil return line from a front heat exchanger which had come lose from its clamp and was resting directly on the chassis. The pumping action of the oil through the line transferred vibrations into the chassis. This also made sense why it only happened once the car was fully warmed up. It took them over a month to figure this out, but it was an easy fix once they knew what it was. If replacing your engine mounts doesn't address your issue maybe you should ask them to look into the oil cooling system. Good luck.
Appreciate 2
KANdaddy2508.00
JoNaH279.00