08-26-2022, 01:50 PM   #74
M3WC
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGM-M3COMP View Post
You have no point.

I already said when solid state comes, your argument is finished. I said that maybe 5 times now.

You keep cheerleading of todays technology and even by that logic, ev is on the ICE heels. Which I already said.

The title is electric sports cars and would we buy one. There aren’t many now so it’s hard to people to choose. I already said I’m getting an ev corvette when it’s available.

I then told you a plaid, 5000lbs pig is 1 second behind bmws flagship m5cs. Not a regular m5, an m5cs. A car that went through multiple generations to evolve.

A 10 year old model did it in……….10 years.

I can’t wait to update these threads in 1 year increments.
Solid state battery tech that is readily available is a decade plus away. It is being pioneered by Toyota/Panasonic. It will first be used in hybrids, like the next gen Prius(2025).

Until then EV "sports cars" will be lacking the "light-ness" aspect of ice. EV's will get there but it will take probably two generations(minimum).

Take the Rimac Nevera for example. It is insanely quick in a straight line and handles respectably in corners. But it is still weighs over 4,700lbs despite it being built on a carbon fiber monocoque chassis. A McLaren Senna weighs 2,600lbs. Gordan Murrays T50 which is considered the epitome of driving perfection, weighs in at 2,174lbs. There is a long way to go and it won't be years, but rather decades.
Appreciate 1
overcoil3081.00