08-23-2022, 09:34 AM   #86
M3LISSA
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3 COMP/SOLD

Quote:
Originally Posted by e46grk View Post
> I just think bmw and other brands need to come up with some sort of theft proof device or addition to the car to prevent these relays from grabbing our signals.

Every time the car companies come up with new tech they screw up. Especially when it comes to security.

In a few years we'll be getting access to everything through our phones/watches. Apple announced "Home Key" so smart locks will be opening through phones, your safe will open with your phone, subway, your office building, everything. This is a solved problem so they might as well use the existing tech.

By the way, I don't know about Androids, but did you know that the newer iPhones can unlock stuff even when out of battery? They use a totally independent circuit that works even at very low battery levels, when the device overall is dead. I can even pay the fee at the NYC subway with my phone out of battery using a limited version of Apple Pay.
Omg no… although now that you mention it I think my friend at bmw told me this. I asked if battery died and he told me something similar. It's crazy.
On that show Trafficked, they know where all the modules are in any car that deactivates the on star or GPS, crazy. All makes and models. Mother fuckers lol 😂

2011 E90 M3 Competition // Alpine White // ESS // RPI // 20" BBS LM's, blah blah

2021 G80 M3 Competition // Brooklyn Grey // KW Suspension // 12mm Spacers all around // Resonator Delete
Appreciate 1
eman45171748.50