Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 DG/BLk xDrive M4C Wk 34

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by FISH22 View Post
Good share, thank you.

I'm wondering if this is an easy DIY. I PPF'd my hood for shits and giggles. Big bulk sheet of 3M matte. I was surprised how easy it was. I'm assuming the process is the same, but maybe a thicker/more robust film?
According to Chicago Auto Pros, it's hard to shrink. Its installed like Window tint, versus being installed like PPF, where you have to shape it to the windshield. And I'm not even sure you can get it without being a seller.

The film is so awkward to work with, every company has a different formulation of the product. Where most window tint is the same, every company for the outer windshield film, has their own idea of how thick it needs to be, and what material its made out of. Right now, the best outer windshield protection film on the market, is STek DYNOFlex.

It has its drawbacks, it's not 100% optically clear, maybe like 97%-98% the glue used causes imperfections in the install. It's all about how good the installer is at installing it. But the trade off is 500% worth it to me.

Appreciate 1
M4Tejas847.50