View Single Post
      08-02-2022, 07:47 AM   #55
KevinGS
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Past 2015 M4, Current 2013 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by c1pher View Post
An event that changed my thinking to some extent is my brother in law passing. He was seven years older and was very frugal to the extent that he passed up on a lot of life fulfilling enjoyment. As he was nearing the end he told me he wished he experienced more things, realizing he wasn’t going to enjoy any of the money he worked so hard to save. Not saying spend it all and forsake retirement, but tuck a bit back for that special vacation, or buy that car if you can swing it if it excites you. One good thing with Porsche in General is they don’t depreciate as fast as most other cars. Of course some of the more rare trims hold value longer or where you read about people driving for free for a few years.
Oh yeah, I'm not saving much money. I'd rather be a poor, old man with a life filled with memorable experiences, than a rich, old man who can barely enjoy life because of health issues or old age. And the younger you are, better are most of life's exciting and thrilling experiences. Age simply tempers the level of fun one usually has. It's just not the same.

For me, as an elder senior citizen, there's a much better chance that I'd regret not doing something at an earlier age when I could have, than being broke and struggling at 80 or 90, if I even get to live that long. I'll go work at Walmart with the other senior citizens if I have to, with my mind filled with memorable moments, if that means I can maximize the enjoyment of my life now.

Life's too short to wait, and none of us are promised tomorrow so...

Last edited by KevinGS; 08-02-2022 at 09:00 AM..
Appreciate 1
baege1343.50