Rep
Drives: Crimson Red 325i M sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Limegrntaln View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by G MONEY View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Limegrntaln View Post
I think it's a 9.0-8.99 capable turbo kit. I do think the engine and trans is about as close to the limit as you want to go. In talking to Imran about the Red Bull brothers drift cars, they seemingly picked up close to 200 hp, with headwork, while keeping the cams stock.

The cams are said to be 272I/264E, from the factory, which was a popular cam duration combination in the 4G63 tuning world. I just find it hard to believe that head work picked up 200hp, while still keeping cams and the motor stock. Unless the true rod bender, is actually boost, and no horsepower and torque.
Seems very odd to gain 200 with just that🤷🏽*♂️
I agree 100% I said the same thing to Imran. But we're just going off of what the Red Bull M4 engineers are saying. They also seem to be the only ones to be able to get 1,080hp out of the motor without it eating itself. We had a little back and forth about it on Instagram. But this is the video of the explanation. As you can see, even Imran, was a little "oh, really?"

I watched the Drift bros build and followed them on YT too.
By working closely with the M division engineers to assist them with their build would have been an awesome experience.
In all t'was interesting watch.

Didn't they just now/recently also change their turbo again?