Quote:
Originally Posted by freshxdough View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Limegrntaln View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyChitMeng View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Limegrntaln View Post
These are the fitting instructions, for the G80/ G82 M Performance HAS kit. Just posting this here, to add information to the thread for others. [COLOR="Red"]See attached PDF for complete instructions[/COLOR] The instructions are from the UK, they are the same, but I'm posting this, here, until I get my hands on the US instructions.
So there is no adjustment to the EDC then?
Apparently, there is some chassis coding, but, it's general coding that our cars already have. Apparently my car is on a newer code, already. Not the latest code, but the very latest code wouldn't make much of a difference.

Maybe freshxdough can explain it a little better than I can. But from what I'm understanding, it's not EDC dampening recoding.
There is no coding/programming related to the actual suspension. The repair instructions only advise "coding/programming to latest available". A general recommendation for some M Performance retrofit repairs. Your repair instructions state this on the first page.
Correct. Just getting clarification, to make sure I understood what you'd told me, correctly.

The confusion stems from the rumor that BMW actually released a software update, that would adjust the dampening curve, to compensate for the change in spring rate, but according to the instructions, that information isn't correct.

Appreciate 0