kjx
///M ♥ Recycled Dinosaurs
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M4, BMW X5 45e

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunstoner View Post
Have anyone else noticed how anything classed as a performance car is hitting 0-60 times in around 3.5secs or I know theyre different gravy, afterall an M is an M is an M and theres no beating that badge for its sporting history and prowess but the accessibility of such 'speed' doesnt feel quite as special (or does it?) as it once did due to the plethora of options available to the average car buyer these days.

what do you think?
Just as having a scalpel in my hand doesn’t make me a surgeon or sitting in an F1 car doesn’t make me a proper F1 driver, people who buy fast cars without the skill to handle them will never really safely utilize their capabilities.

If someone bought a G8X thinking it’d give them skills they didn’t have, then the G8X may not feel as special as it could. I’m not speaking to my skill or anyone else’s skill here, but I’d hope that people who buy G8X cars are actually skilled at handling them very significantly better than the general public. For such a set of people, other cars improving on one metric is kind of meaningless and not really worthy of consideration.

I know people who own both a Model 3 Performance and a high performance sports car (usually purchased again after realizing the M3P is a clinically boring one-trick pony built to a price). For the unskilled and undiscerning, the Model 3 Performance may be enough to feel special. But if you have a refined taste and skill, you don’t have to second-guess purchasing a G8X or a proper sports car from Porsche.

Last edited by kjx; 07-19-2022 at 05:21 PM..
Appreciate 6
2011ninja3418.50
FISH225413.50
BMWM4CX281.50
M3ANSPEC393.00
Lupeskew659.00