BMWM4CX
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M4C

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadGTR View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWM4CX View Post
I'm confused as to why it won't let me change down to 1st in any mode anymore?

So let's say I'm in Sports+, manually changing gears via paddles and I'm coming to stop, it'll only let me change down to 2nd, never 1st.

I've tried all three Stages with the same result. Anybody managed to get around this for normal driving?
I have been reading around about this lack of 1st gear. Seems like something that will keep me away from using. Hope they change/update the tune file.
I appreciate this is probably really good for the guys out there with engine tunes but I really don't see the hype. I've tried it for a couple of days and yeah, the shifts change speed is increased but that doesn't massively excite me 😂. Admittedly though, I never owned an F series M, so I don't know what the DCT felt like compared to the ZF.

I know it's a minor gripe but there's no way of changing down to 1st with any of these stage maps installed. With an aftermarket exhaust fitted, I really like the accentuated burbles I get coming from 3>2 and then 2>1 but obviously I lose that with the Xhp installed, seeing as I can no longer get into 1st gear.
Appreciate 0